Java Software Engineer
OSeven is a high-tech venture, Athens and London based and backed by top tier VC funds and angel investors, who aspires to be a leader in the global Mobility transformation.
We've built a world class device agnostic, AI-enabled, Big Data Analytics platform based on decades of research, able to analyze data produced from different sources (smartphone, OBD, 3G/4G connected cars) which can determine driver's performance and different mobility patterns. Our sophisticated solution includes advanced gamification and loyalty reward schemes to motivate more safe and eco behaviors within a mutually beneficial ecosystem. It can be rolled out across fleets even without in-car telematics embedded or any other hardware installation -just by using the smartphone as a recording engine. Hardware-free, fully scalable.
We acquire users through deals with leading insurance, ridesharing/taxi hailing, telco, rental & leasing companies, banks with established customer base and millions of customers around the globe.
We have completed successfully 3 funding rounds and started scaling and distribute our service to more than 10 countries now and counting, partnering with major international brands in the industry.
We’re looking for a talented Java Software engineer to join our Athens based team. You should be result-driven, self-motivated, with passion, able to take the right initiatives, demonstrating energy and a “can do” attitude. We expect you to practice superior agile software development with deep understanding on change management and testing. Besides your interaction with the software engineering team, you will need to communicate with our research engineering team including machine learning engineers and driving behavioral modelling team. You always need to have one word in mind developing this platform, “Scalability” with high performance. Development of Big Data, multiple APIs, high volume web and mobile applications that will support multi-millions of users as well as billions of requests on a daily basis, coming from the largest insurance companies around the globe. You will be a member of an agile development team and empowered to make yourself and your team more productive daily using state-of-the-art tools and technologies.
Must have skills
- 3+ years Java professional programming
- Deep understanding of REST server development & security
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Solid knowledge of Open source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate)
- Fair knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Extensive experience in Linux shell scripting
- Familiarized with Agile software methodologies (Kanban & Scrum)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have skills
- Professional experience with Docker and Kubernetes container orchestrators
- Popular Open Source frameworks knowledge & contribution (Vertx, ZK, Quartz other)
- DevOps experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Professional experience in programming with Python
- Experience in the Atlassian product family (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- HADOOP MapReduce dataset processing
Must have mindset
- Geek about problem solving
- Obsessed with developing cutting-edge software
- Eager to impact company’s future
- Enthusiastic about working in a fun, rapid-response start-up environment
- Acknowledging that you and your team members are different parts of the same equation
- Highly competitive salaries reviewed upwards on a regular basis based on company’s targets
- Stock options or bonus scheme subject to seniority level
- International well-known and cool team
- Rapid personal and professional development amongst ground breaking industry experts
- Technological challenges
- Latest communication and project management tools
- Great work space in a very good location
- Free drinks and team social events