Senior Civil / Transportation Engineer
OSeven is a high-tech company, in the field of Driving Behaviour Analysis, Telematics and Usage Based Insurance, based in London and Athens. It provides world-leading driving behavioral analytics, telematics services, gamification and loyalty schemes to a diverse corporate portfolio in insurance, banking, automotive, telco and fleet industry, using advanced Machine Learning techniques and Big Data Analysis. OSeven has already completed successfully 3 funding rounds and distributes its service to more than 10 countries now and counting, partnering with major international brands in the industry.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Civil / Transportation Engineer to work in the framework of the research project “BeSmart: Multi-modal driver behaviour and safety support system on the basis of smartphone applications” for the analysis of data from smartphone sensors, driving behaviour data, data related with user feedback and gamification schemes.
You should have experience in (i) the analysis of data from smartphone sensors, (ii) the analysis of driving behaviour data, and (iii) advanced statistical methods. At the same time you should have experience in the fields of road safety, gamification and smartphone applications related with driving behaviour.
- University degree in Civil Engineering.
- MSc in Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years of working experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Transportation Engineering and Road Safety.
- 10+ years of experience in advanced computational and statistical methods.
- Experience in smartphone applications related with driving and road safety.
- Experience in the analysis of data from smartphone sensors.
- Experience in research programs.
- Very good knowledge of the Greek language.
- Analyze data from smartphone sensors related with driving behaviour using advanced statistical methods.
- Develop and maintain driving scoring models.
- Analyze data related with the improvement of the driving behaviour of the users of the BeSmart smartphone application based on the provided feedback using advanced statistical methods.
- Analyze data related with the improvement of the driving behaviour of the users of the BeSmart smartphone application based on the gamification schemes using advanced statistical methods.
- Create flexible algorithms to be adjusted in different transportation modes.
- Write reports for the results of the research program.
- Write scientific papers for the results of the research program.
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, hands-on.
- Out of the box approach in challenging problems.
- Able to work in a fun, rapid-response start-up environment.
Nice to have
- PhD in civil engineering.
- Experience in gamification schemes related with driving and road safety.