Senior iOS Engineer
OSeven is a high-tech company, in the field of Driving Behaviour Analysis, Telematics and Usage Based Insurance, based in London and Athens. It provides world-leading driving behavioral analytics, telematics services, gamification and loyalty schemes to a diverse corporate portfolio in insurance, banking, automotive, telco and fleet industry, using advanced Machine Learning techniques and Big Data Analysis. OSeven has already completed successfully 3 funding rounds and distributes its service to more than 10 countries now and counting, partnering with major international brands in the industry.
We’re currently looking for an experienced iOS developer to work for in the framework of the research project “BeSmart: Multi-modal driver behaviour and safety support system on the basis of smartphone applications” for the development and maintenance of an iOS smartphone application and for the data process related with the use of the application by the users.
You should feel confident on using networking protocols to send and receive data from our backend servers. We expect you to develop clean, elegant and reusable code, easy to maintain and extend. You will communicate with our backend and frontend developers but also with our design team on updated features for the research project. You will have to understand and collect useful sensors data from the smartphone (GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, etc), manipulate and prepare them for processing by the machine learning engineers.
- University degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related fields.
- 4+ years of Software Development.
- At least 3 years of iOS Development experience.
- Strong development skills in Swift, some experience in Objective-C and good programming and algorithm skills.
- Good knowledge of the Core Location API and experience in location-based apps.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Significant experience in the development of smartphone applications utilizing smartphone sensors.
- Significant experience in smartphone applications related with gamification schemes.
- Memory management understanding.
- Experience in version control (Git preferable).
- Maintain, test and distribute the BeSmart iOS smartphone application to the related stakeholders.
- Update the BeSmart iOS smartphone application according to the requirements of the research project.
- Build new features for the BeSmart iOS smartphone application if required.
- Participate in the entire application development lifecycle from setup to AppStore distribution.
- Identify and solve complex technical issues as they arise.
- Write reports for the results of the research program.
- Write scientific papers for the results of the research program.
- Very good knowledge of the Greek language.
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, hands-on.
- Out of the box approach in challenging problems.
- Able to work in a fun, rapid-response start-up environment.
Nice to have
- Experience in scrum or other agile software development methodology.
- Familiarity with XCTest.
- Experience in projects involving mobile apps / big data / social gamification.